By entering the studio you give yourself permission to leave the outside world at the door.
- Arrive on time for your lesson. Respect other student’s privacy. Do not arrive too early before your lesson time.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to attend lessons. Please do not interrupt the lessons by excessively commenting on the students playing . In studio space observe silently and speak softly. Any feedback to teacher needs to me communicated at the end of the lesson.
- If you come late or need to leave early, which may happen occasionally, please do so.
- Please turn off your cell phone. Talking on the phone is not in the studio is not allowed.
- Siblings can stay in the room if they can remain quiet. Must have adult supervision under 10.
Before Your Piano Lesson
- Come prepared to focus for your entire lesson. Eat a small snack before hand so you don't get hungry.
- Wear nonrestrictive clothing.
- Wash your hands. There is a bathroom available for students and parents.
- Take off your rings and wrist watch so it doesn't affect your playing.
- Let your instructor know of any injuries, illnesses or special concerns so they can ensure the safety and pleasure of your piano lesson.
During Your Piano Lesson
- Attune each lesson by participating with mindfulness.
- Observe your body, don’t judge. Bring yourself to your relax and breathe.
- Give yourself permission to explore your arm movements and sounds. This is how you personalize the piano practice.
- I will do some “hands on” adjustments/suggestions. If you are not comfortable with this, or the extent to which it is done, please let me know. I am here to help you get the most out of your lesson.
- Breathing is a big part of piano playing. It is common to hold the breath during new, somewhat stressful situations.
After Your Piano Lesson
- Remember to take all of your personal belongings with you at the end of the lesson, especially your music books. The studio is not responsible for any lost items.
- Go over the materials and exercises we did in your lessons.
- Find your piano practice schedule. You will need to practice at least 30 mins every day of the week unless traveling out of town.
- Start a practice journal.
- Bring questions.
- Parents, please pick up students on time. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the lesson end time. The studio can not be responsible for watching over the student after the lesson ends.